Sunday, February 19, 2012

Keeping my head above the water...


I skipped so much time blogging- when I was feeling so good...I got busy and tied my time up with activities and distractions.

Now I am at a point that I am feeling a bit like I am just working hard to stay afloat! I know it has a lot to do with the fact that this past week my doctor doubled one of the meds, and changed some others around, I am trying to get a grasp on that fact and not let it bring me down. I was feeling so great for so many weeks, I am sure this is just a temporary set back. It is pretty typical when this med (Coreg aka cardevilol) is increased one will feel fatigue, and other symptoms. Frankly I feel pretty crappy almost like I felt months ago and it is pretty frustrating...

I decided to write it down and put it out there because I think it will help to just say it! I am feeling a but overwhelmed with my job- don't want to publicize all the details, but a lot of major changes have occurred there and it is a huge adjustment. Financially I am a bit overwhelmed, I think this past year has caught up with me.

Its not all dark clouds , there is a lot of good things going on in my life right now, I just had to whine a bit, and want the reader to know that I am fighting to keep my head above the water, and I will not stop! I am not going to give up, I will just keep treading water!

1 comment:

Jon Boy said...

No Chel, don't give up! the thing is when you have improvements to your health its fantastic and of you go doing more and more and forgetting all the crap you went through, the danger of that is that getting well then means that when you hit a bump in the road it hits you harder. i know that in my first year i had around 12 drugs introduced into my system, an icd and then these drugs were changed/increased and you can imaging the crap i had with side effects, and the body adjusting to lower blood pressure, blood sugar levels and a normal pumping heart. coupled with all this i had major amounts of Atrial Flutter and Atrial Fibrilation, being shocked by my ICD, losing my job, oh crikey i am just realizing what i did go through...then at the end of that first year i had an Ablation to stop the A/fib and Flutter and from then everything started to get better. the flipside is that now i get the slightest flutter or Ectopic beat and i feel so low about it. what i am saying is that never forget what your worst was, move on as you must but the most crucial thing dear friend is to hang on in there and write about it and talk...hope your back on top soon and well done for getting on the blog again x