Sunday, April 08, 2012

Go fly a kite... Today I watched my five year old nephew squeal with utter joy over flying a kite for the first time! It flashed me back to my childhood when I would receive a kite in my Easter basket, and the excitement I felt to get outside, and wait for the wind to pick it up! I took this picture today against the backdrop of a stunning sky and my Dad's old weathered barn. The contrasts in the photo reflect how I am feeling right now. I feel a beautiful mess! I am ready to soar like the kite and rise above the old. I can see that there are some dark clouds and challenges ahead, and that the wind will pull me back down to the old. I will tug on that string over and over to keep floating above it all! I have not blogged for so long. I got really wrapped up in life, and I have back-pedaled with my health a bit. I am not going to be pulled down to the ground I will soar above it and squeal with joy!

1 comment:

Jon Boy said...

Hi Chel keep blogging as it helps mentally and i am glad you are gonna keep tugging on the string...we must do that to stay afloat as it is easy to fall to the ground and then its really hard to get back up..

Jonathan xxx